During the 7 Day Creation The Bible says that God divided the waters and put some water above the firmament (heaven, 1:8a) and left some water under the firmament. The firmament found in Genesis 1:7 is believed to be the open heaven that God speaks about in Genesis 1:20 where the birds were allowed to fly around. So in short, God separated the waters that covered the earth in the beginning and left some water on the earth, while putting some water above the air where the birds fly.
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament Heaven (Gen.1:6-8a).
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Benefits of a Water Canopy
- A water canopy would filter out many of the harmful rays of the sun and would block alpha and beta radiation penetration, decreasing the aging process which helps explains the 900-year life spans before the Flood. Also, the Liquid water found in the Canopy combined with the ozone layer would block most of the ultra violet radiations from the sunlight.
- Another benefit to the water canopy was hyperbaric (increased pressure) effect. The weight of the water in the sky would have increased the oxygen content in the air as well as the atmospheric pressure on earth. Proof was found recently when scientists found much lesser bubbles of air in ancient amber with as much as 32% oxygen, compared to our air today that contains roughly 20% oxygen. Under these circumstances there would have had doubled atmospheric pressure, allowing an environment of heavier atmospheric pressure and higher oxygen. This allows more Efficient Healing. Hospitals today have pressurized rooms called Hyperbaric Rooms for the severely sick people and the severely burned where increased oxygen content is pumped under pressure and healing is miraculously speeded up.
- The Rainbow: Sign Of The Covenant. After Noah’s Flood there was the first Rainbow. During the existence of the Canopy there would have been no rain. Genesis 2:6: “But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.”. Before rain, there was a mist from the Canopy that would water Earth. Genesis 2:5b “…for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth.”
- Gigantism was before the flood shows fossils dragonflies with a 32-inch wingspan and hornless rhinoceros that grew to about seventeen feet high and nearly thirty feet long. They have also found fossils of 90 Giant sabre-toothed tigers, mastodons and woolly mammoths roamed the earth side-by-side with the great dinosaurs. Source: Grand Canyon
Oxygen in the atmosphere during the time of the Hermit Shale deposition was in greater abundance than today, probably 35% compared to the present day 21%. Increased oxygen meant larger insects, explaining the eight-inch wingspan of a dragonfly wing impression fossil found in the Hermit Shale.
- Much more information about the Canopy Theory can be found here: 7 Earth’s Pre-Flood Water Canopy And The Dinosaur Mystery
- NASA has reported the discovery of more water on the moon than they originally expected to find and it could add up to billions of gallons of usable water.
Dr. Humphrey’s Observation on the Canopy Theory
Read Original Article Here: NASA CONFIRMS CREATIONIST’S PREDICTIONS
Dr. Humphreys explained that God started with water in Genesis 1:1-2: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the waters. Notice that there was nothing but water first mentioned. That would also explain why the earth was without form and void. Most likely, it was in the middle of the water, but had not yet been formed.
Then God separated the waters in Genesis 1:6-8: Again God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters. Then God made the firmament, and separated the waters, which were under the firmament, from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament, Heaven.. At this point, the earth was still formless and void as it was still just water.